On Friday March 2nd, 2012 a tornado hit Henryville, IN. That is were the girls school is at. The weather men had been talking about the storm for about 2 days and when Friday came around they were showing the storm chasers that had come in and I knew then that is was not a storm to blow off and not worry about so I start to get our important stuff together to put in our safe place and then I called Mitch to see if I should get Maddie out of school early are ride it out and see if it would hit after she got off the bus, Kenzie was home sick that day so we watched the weather and school were dismissing early and canceling events and I never saw anything about our school. My neighbor called and said she was going to go pick up her son and asked me if I wanted her to get Madddie and I said PLEASE do!! She picked them up about an hour before the storm hit. My brother called and asked if I could meet him with the boys so that he could be at home with them so my neighbor said she would keep the girls so I didn't have to take everyone with me. She even took them over to the neighbors basement so that they were all safe. About the time my brother got home the storm was rolling in and we were watching the weather and they said a tornado was on the ground and heading right for Clark State Forestry and I knew that was so close to the girls school and about 5 miles from us, so I knew I need to rush back to be with the girls and about that time I was speeding down Perry Crossing Road I looked to my left and could see the tornado that was hitting Henryville. I was so glad to be with the girls and then I walked outside to look at the sky and we all saw a funnel cloud over our lake that we all live around.....very scary day and a very sad day. We then started watching the news and heard that the kids school was hit and it was gone and then it was just the high school and then they started showing pictures and it was all of the school. So sad and the girls were very sad and worried about their books and papers and even so of the friends that lived up there. We all were glued to the tv the rest of the night worried about our friends up there and the school!
Glad to see a post!
ReplyDeleteWhat an awful horrible day. :( I'm thankful the kids were all okay!